Saturday, June 28, 2008

mom's thoughts in the morning


You know, I think sometimes our expectations lead us to make up our minds about how our life will go before we remember to ask the King of Kings about any of it. I know that sounds really simplistic but that is kinda how I feel about this whole thing with the higher mestinon vs. lower mestinon and a dose of Albuterol. I sometimes assume striving for the most strength at all costs is the "right" thing to do. It seems that we may need to trade a more stronger Kyla for a Kyla who is a little weaker overall but has less bladder issues and potentially less long term side effects from high doses of Mestinon. The best thing about all of it is, she is just living life and enjoying the adventures. What a blessing. Friends and family, please pray for our family that we will have clear minds to ask the Lord what is best, and that we would have patience to see the long look down the road,

Love you all.

SC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey lady,
I have been doing a lot of research on alternative medicine. Mainly to heal myself of an endocrine disorder that has caused me to gain 100 pounds. Ugh!
Anyway. I have learned a lot about homeopathy and am now looking at essential oils, specifically Young Living essential oils.
I am amazed at how many things God has put on this earth for us to use as our healing.
Now, I'm not saying that these things will heal Kyla, but I do believe they could raise her immunity. She could be a healthier Kyla, a more vibrant Kyla.
I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you did a little research.
Pray that God would show you His creation for healing. The medical community is great, but we should strive to look first to our Creator and the things he has created. We have lost a lot of the wisdom from the Old Testament (which is filled with herbs and oils for healing), and even from our Native American ancestors.
The key is to remember that we worship the One who created these healing herbs and oils, we do not worship the creation.
Love you, and God bless your mind, heart and health.
Leah Jones

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hi, it's me...mommy to Luke.
I'm so with you on this. I so hear your heart greatly. We are in the midst of the exact same prayer. I will pray for you on this for sure.
"The mind of a man's heart is his, but the Lord will direct His steps". This is my favorite scripture of all time. Many hugs,
Andrea