Thursday, May 15, 2008

ARD Meeting

We had Kyla's annual ARD ( special education school meeting) today! I am a special education teacher and being on the other side of the table as the parent is definitely "different". She made it through Kinder and we discussed all the info for first grade and the mods she might need due to fine motor weakness and visual fatigue. She really is doing great and we survived the couple of cases of Step Throat and ear infections that come with being with 22 friends everyday. Her body always takes a little longer to recover, but she is definitely no worse for it. Praise God.

She is still having some bladder issues and we go to a urologist again in June for those. We are also going to Mayo again- end of June.

Tonight I keep thinking of the verses in the Word that say "... therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me...For when I am weak, then I am strong." I Corinthians 12:9-10
sc


5 comments:

B-HO said...

I am a good friend of Andrea's and I found your blog through hers...So excited that ya'll have found each other...and that ya'll also LOVE JESUS!!Totally a God thing!!Excited to see this relationship unfold!!Blessings!

EO said...

I hope you don't mind that you get some attention from friends of Luke Hughes! I think everyone is just so excited to see how the Lord brings people together... you have 2 beautiful children! It is so neat to see photos of another CMS child, as we just adore Luke and look forward to watching him grow!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hi Carter fam!! As you can see...I have quite a blog following for my Luke! Watch out! Your about to meet people all over the world!
I'm thrilled you contacted me and can't wait to meet you all in person.
Big hugs!!
Mommy to Luke

Anonymous said...

Hi Sabrina and Neely!
I'd like to chat with you a bit about Kyla and her boughts with illnesses.
If I told you that there is a natural treatment for strep and common colds, the flu, measles, etc., would you be interested? It would also help Kyla to recover more quickly from these common illnesses when she gets them.
Leah Jones
www.momarewethereyet.wordpress.com

Ronda (Baucum) Baldwin said...

Neely and Family,
Your mom sent me a link to your blog on Kyla. I'm so glad she did! This is an awesome way to spread the word about what God has done in your lives through your family. I know there have been many difficult days for you guys, but through it all you have turned to the Lord for your strength and guidance. I know that is what carries families who trust the Lord!!!

I'm so glad to hear how well Kyla has done in school and over the past few years. We've kept up through your mom. We've prayed for you and your family often!!!

I hope things go well at Mayo. (We may be heading there w/our 11 y/o, Bridget.) She has NDPH. She has a caringbridge site. You can find out more of what we've been through with her illness at:
www.caringbridge.org
Site name: bridgetbaldwin

Hugs and Blessings to your family!
Ronda (Baucum) Baldwin